Bring Science to Life at CLCNWI's Summer Camps!
We offer one-of-a-kind summer camp experiences that will wow your kids while encouraging them to learn through summer break. They'll have opportunities to explore exciting new topics and the world of science that is all around them through outdoor investigations, classic experiments, and brand new experiences! It is our primary goal to offer each and every learner a safe and comfortable environment for them to learn, explore, and grow all summer long.
All summer camps are stimulating, age-appropriate, and led by qualified educators to provide a safe, fun and thought-provoking experience. Activities are supported by NASA, the National Informal STEM Education Network, & Challenger Center Headquarters.
Please Note: When choosing a summer camp, schedule your child for the grade level that they will be entering or going into in the fall of 2024.
Senior Explorer Camp (4th - 6th Grade) - June 10 through June 14 & July 15 through July 19
AstroTots Camp (K & 1st Grade) - June 17 through June 21 & July 22 through July 26
Junior Explorer Camp (2nd & 3rd Grade) - June 24 through June 28 & July 29 through August 2
- For full day camps (9 am - 2 pm), our camps will have a lunch break, and all camps will have periodic snack breaks. Snacks and lunches will not be provided on site, so please be sure to remember to send snacks, lunches, and drinks/water bottles each day of camp according to your child's needs.
- We will be spending time outdoors (weather depending) and exposed to outdoor elements, so please make sure your young scientist dresses accordingly (i.e. coats if it's chilly, tennis shoes, comfortable clothes, etc...). Sunscreen will not be available on site, so please keep skin care in mind when sending students.
- Drop off occurs no earlier that 10 minutes before camp. Pick up will occur promptly at 12 PM ( Astrotots ) / 2 PM (Junior & Senior) at the same door. Adults can remain in their vehicles lined up outside of Challenger, and staff will safely escort campers to their vehicles or guardians.
- Physical and/or verbal outbursts that affect or harm the camper and other camp attendees cannot be tolerated, and may result in a call home to parents or expulsion from camp.
- The use of cell phones for anything other than to contact parents or for emergency purposes will not be tolerated, so please advise your students to keep their phones put away throughout the entirety of the camp, or to always ask an adult in advance if they can use their cell phone.
***Prior to your child participating in a summer camp, these forms must be filled out, signed, and turned in WHILE REGISTERING FOR CAMP. Download all the forms here. PLEASE READ FORMS CAREFULLY. Thank you!***
SUMMER CAMP SCHOLARSHIP FUNDING
As a community science center, CLCNWI is dedicated to the promotion of diversity, inclusion, and equity of educational opportunities in STEM. Each year, we have been able to provide summer camp tuition assistance to families from Lake County faced with financial constraints thanks to our corporate sponsors and educational partners.
This year, thanks to BP, NiSource, and our Giving Tuesday Campaign contributors, we are able to offer 2024 summer camps at a reduced cost for all young scientists!
CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS
*Week-long day camps paid-in-full will include a $25 non-refundable service fee.
*Cancellation/Refund Request - 30 days or more prior to camp Written notification (email or letter) must be made no less than 30 days prior to the camp start date to receive a refund, excluding the non-refundable service fee. Due to the nature of our business, 30 days written notice is essential for us to refill the camper’s spot.
*Cancellation/Refund Request - less than 30 days prior to camp No refunds will be offered for requests submitted less than 30 days prior to the camp start date, for any reason, including a positive Covid-19 test.
*No refunds will be given if:
- A camper leaves camp early due to missing home or parent request.
- A camper is sent home for behavioral reasons.
- A camper does not show up for camp.
*No Shows Please make every effort to arrive on time. Challenger Learning Center of NWI will verify absences by phoning the family of absent campers. For questions, please call 219-989-3250
*CANCELLATIONS If camp is cancelled by Challenger Learning Center for any other reason; participants will receive a full refund.